Re: CVSROOT/modules: earthdistance... - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: CVSROOT/modules: earthdistance...
Date
Re: CVSROOT/modules: earthdistance...  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org> writes:
> > Is there any reason that earthdistance gets special treatment in
> > CVSROOT/modules?
>
> I think it is a remnant of an abandoned plan to move most or all of
> contrib/ out of the server CVS module.  I'd vote for getting rid of the
> separate contrib module and putting earthdistance back with the rest,
> myself.  But you'll have to convince Marc ;-)

'K, convincing won't be too difficult, but if I "re-merge" it all, I'm
going to break everyone's checkouts again, which is why I've avoided doing
it ...

Since we are in beta, it should be relatively safe to do ... if I were to
scheduale 'shutting down and re-merging' the various modules back into one
big one again for 11pm tonight, would everyone be okay with that?  It
would mean that all checkin's have to be done before then, and you will
have to re-checkout CVS once finished, as your existing CVS will not be
valid anymore ...