v7.4 on Windows ... (Was: Re: v7.4 Beta 1 Bundle ...) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject v7.4 on Windows ... (Was: Re: v7.4 Beta 1 Bundle ...)
Date
Re: v7.4 on Windows ... (Was: Re: v7.4 Beta 1 Bundle ...)  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Robert Treat wrote:

> depends on what you mean by any. I believe that the standard tarball
> will compile under windows, but to what extent it will actually run I
> couldn't say.  This release is not intended for native use on windows
> (that had to be pushed back to 7.5), though it will certainly run via
> cygwin.

Ummm ... will it compile?  I thought that the issue with the Windows
native port was that it wouldn't yet ... something about fork() vs exec()
that Bruce was working on?