Re: CREATE TABLE with a column of type {table name} - Mailing list pgsql-general

From elein
Subject Re: CREATE TABLE with a column of type {table name}
Date
List pgsql-general
I know that this isn't really supposed to work in postgresql.
I was testing a response stephan made to ang chin han's question.

However, the ability to create virtual columns (you brought it
up :-) was quite handy and survived the conversion to SQL
in Illustra (as did row types).  It was not necessarily
the trick Illustra used to implement row/composite types. I'm
not sure what we did in there.

IMNSHO a type is a type is a type.  An instance of anytype
can go in a column.  However, having worked in some of
the code to make this recursive definition work correctly
I understand your "No! Never!"  response.  I don't agree,
with it, but I understand it :-)

elein