Re: CREATE TABLE with a column of type {table name} - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: CREATE TABLE with a column of type {table name}
Date
List pgsql-general
elein <elein@varlena.com> writes:
> IMNSHO a type is a type is a type.  An instance of anytype
> can go in a column.  However, having worked in some of
> the code to make this recursive definition work correctly
> I understand your "No! Never!"  response.  I don't agree,
> with it, but I understand it :-)

I didn't say "No! Never!".  I said this isn't a matter of fixing
a small bug.  For starters, the apparent support for the feature
needs to be ripped out, because it has nothing in common with actual
support.

            regards, tom lane