Re: Draft #5 -- radically re-written - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: Draft #5 -- radically re-written
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > REPLICATION:  PostgreSQL Inc. and Affilias Inc. this week contributed their
> > eRServer Java-based replication solution for PostgreSQL.   eRServer
> > provides a tremendously scalable, battle-tested replication option
> > significantly more powerful than previous Open Source solutions available.
>
> Have I missed something? I've got about 8000 unread messages, trying to
> catch them.  Will eRServer ship with PostgreSQL 7.4, for free?

Due to various licensing restrictions, it will most likely be a gborg
project ... and no, we didn't do anything stupid like GPL'd it, but there
are some libraries included for the Java side that are under the Apache
license ... we've discussed removing the libraries, but the general
opinion was that it would cause more headaches then cure ...

What will be released is v1.2 of the code base, which is about 6 months or
so old ...