Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 06:42:09PM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:

> A couple of people have asked about this so let me expand on this
> ambiguous note. There a couple of folks, led by Andrew Sullivan, who are
> looking at releasing the replication code first used by Afilias, Inc

I am leaning toward gborg at the moment.  See my recent post on
-hackers.

Note that I Don't Own the Code, PostgreSQL Inc. does.  So they're the
ones leading this and doing it.  I just volunteered to help figure
out what has to change to release it (there's a lot of cruft in the
original source tree, it seems, and it all came from Toronto.  Hmm,
sounds like a horror movie).

> as good as what you would get if you were to purchase the commercial
> version of ERServer (at least that's what I've been told), but it has

The new version really is a quantum leap forward, thanks largely to
some work that my colleague Frank Thompson recently did.  Jan Wieck also
found a bug in part of the older code, and fixed it.  I _think_ that
bug fix will make it into the released code, but I have to check.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110