Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Sean Chittenden
Subject Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> > Basically I was trying to say, "re-evaluate PostgreSQL if you tried
> > it, but it wasn't quite fast enough and went with Oracle: we should be
> > as fast if not faster and we're certainly cheaper."
>
> Why not say that?
>
> Sean Chittenden, PostgreSQL developer and DBA for <your employer>,
> suggests, "If you tried PostgreSQL before and it wasn't quite fast
> enough, and you went with Oracle, it's time to re-evaluate.  We
> should be just as fast if not faster, and we're certainly cheaper."

For various legal reasons, if someone else stepped forward and wanted
to attach their name to that quote, I'd feel a bit more comfortable.
If no one does before we release, hit me up and I'll craft something
that conveys that same meaning.

-sc

--
Sean Chittenden