Re: replication: PG vs My - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: replication: PG vs My
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 10:36:32PM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:

> have had extensive testing.  There is a commercial replication
> solution that has had extensive enterprise use available at
> http://www.erserver.com/. The company plans to open source it "real
> soon now" but as of yet you need a commercial license for it (which
> comes with support, so might be a good deal for you).

"Real soon" should mean weeks, not months.  I can tell you that the
code which is getting released is not what you get today if you buy
the PostgreSQL, Inc. license, however.  Moreover, there are
additional changes currently under test (by us) which represent yet
another big step forward.  In particular, the new (not candidate for
community release) code improves the support for multiple slaves and
runs faster.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110