Re: Help convincing a vendor.... - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Help convincing a vendor....
Date
Re: Help convincing a vendor....
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 11:28:32AM -0500, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> I'm involved in a beta for some extensions for said vendor, and am looking
> for COGENT
> arguments for them to include BOTH MySQL (they already include MySQL in the
> package, and
> for the "other OS" may "have" to do PG for stability reasons).

Well, what about, "We have to use PostgreSQL, because our accounting
department requires stability in numeric data.  In MySQL, numeric()
gets stored internally as a float, and that leads to potential
problems in accounting applications."

I didn't know about the numeric/float issue in MySQL, but I know for
sure that it would automatically disqualify it for anything we'd use
it for.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110