Re: [GENERAL] MySQL gets $19.5 MM - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: [GENERAL] MySQL gets $19.5 MM
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I don't see what's invalid about NetFlix patent. They came up with a
brand new business process which no one had thought of up to that point.
AFAIK, business processes are patentable IP.

Of course, it's certainly valid to argue that patents for many things
now-a-days last too long. I don't know what class of patent a business
process falls into, but I know many patents can easily last 17 years,
clearly far too long for something like software.

Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant                  jim@nasby.net