Re: [pgsql-advocacy] MySQL gets $19.5 MM - Mailing list pgsql-general

From weigelt@metux.de
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] MySQL gets $19.5 MM
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 08:52:05PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:

<snip>
> I also do not agree that IBM is so important for Linux.
ACK.
Even IBM really endangeres Linux an other open source projects.
IBM is one of the greatest proponents of software patents.
They've got thousands of european software patents, which are illegal
up today. All together the european patent office has granted
more than 30.000 illegal software patents - against the written law.
(so you clearly can call them criminals)

The patent proponents in the patent offices and some companies (BSA)
want to change the law to legalize those illegal patents and allow
an unlimited patentability just like in the USA - for whole europe!

I dont need to mention what happens to the european software industry
and to opensource projects, if they succeed with making crime to legality.

We of the FFII/Eurolinux alliance are fighting against this.
On September 1st. the European Parlament will decide on an directive
draft from the JURI, which allow every idea to be patentable.

Please help to safe our freedom!

http://patinfo.ffii.org/
http://swpat.ffii.org/

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux ITS
 Webhosting ab 5 EUR/Monat.          UUCP, rawIP und vieles mehr.

 fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact@metux.de
 cellphone: +49 174 7066481         smsgate:   sms.weigelt@metux.de
 Diese Mail wurde mit UUCP versandt.      http://www.metux.de/uucp/