Re: 7.4 feature freeze is here - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Philip Yarra
Subject Re: 7.4 feature freeze is here
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 04:03 pm, Josh Berkus wrote:
> I don't quite understand this.  This doesn't mean that *postgresql* is
> threaded, does it?

I was just referring to the client interfaces ECPG and libpq. AFAIK the
back-end is not threaded (and I'm beginning to understand why not).

So my app starts multiple threads of execution through the ECPG libs... the
ECPG libs (and libpq) start multiple sockets to the back-end - one for each
thread. No changes to the back-end.

That's my understanding - Lee did most of the work, so maybe he can confirm
that.

Regards, Philip Yarra.