Re: postgresql.org is unreliable - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Reuben D. Budiardja
Subject Re: postgresql.org is unreliable
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 01 July 2003 06:27 pm, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> > Hi
> > Does anyone else find the site postgresql.org kinda unreliable? Many
> > times it's stalled for a while. And it's not just today, but very often.
> > It's really frustrating especially when I regularly use it to look up
> > documentation.
>
> Is it specifically the documentation, or the whole site, or?  I just
> looked over the server, and loadavg is normal (avg <5) ... and I find her
> responsive ...

I don't know about the whole site, since I usually only browse docs. Right now
it seems only the docs. For example, clicking on 7.2 Interactive docs just
give me page loading...

> The other question is what sort of net lag are you seeing, if any?

I am not sure what you meant by net lag. But using recent Mozilla for example,
often time I got page "loading" for a long ... time. And this happen
frequently, but in some other time the site is responsive.

I don't have any problem withany other site or other internet connection
related problems, so I'm inclined to suspect the problem is not on my end.

Thanks for checking this out though.
RDB

> > Is there any mirror to the site ?
>
> New mirror system is just about to go live ... just finishing up some DNS
> stuff for it ...

Reuben D. Budiardja
Department of Physics and Astronomy
/"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign against HTML