Re: Fundraising - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Fundraising
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Scott,

> The first place donations should go is to defray the costs of hosting the
> postgresql project (www.postgresql.org, bruce's candle site, etc...)
>
> Once those things are payed for THEN the extra money can be used for
> marketing efforts, but in my opinion, the first place to spend any
> donations is on defraying the costs that folks have incurred for hosting /
> bandwidth

*grin*  Marc will be glad to hear that.

Paying for hosting/bandwidth is not currently a problem; we are doing OK
money-wise and Marc has assured me that our catastrophic e-mail outage will
be the last (the outage happened in part due to upgrades intended to improve
stability + backup, which are finished now).

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions