Re: information Windows - PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: information Windows - PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Merlin Moncure wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> I assume then that the MinGW environment is missing signal emulation
> that is present in the Microsoft C runtime distribution?  Microsoft's is
> copyrighted, of course in winsig.c (it is actually quite small, just a
> couple hundred lines of code).  Are you proposing to rewrite that part
> of the CRT?  I checked the redistribution license and winsig,etc.c are
> most certainly not suitable for incorporation into an open source
> project.

I actuallly don't even know the answer.  I don't know what is possible
with MinGW vs Visual C.  I need help.

I would have dug into it, but I got pretty far with MinGW, then had to
stop to catch up on email, and still not caught up enough to return to
MinGW.

Pennsylvania19073