Re: BakBone PostgreSQL Backup Utility - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: BakBone PostgreSQL Backup Utility
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Scott,

> Looking over the manual
> http://www.bakbone.com/docs/APM_for_PostgreSQL_Users_Guide.pdf
> it would appear to simply be a gui front end for pg_dump / pg_dumpall.
>
> Either spend $1079 or learn how to write a crontab file...
>
> I'd rather write a check to the core developers than give my money to
> folks who are writing a pretty front end to the worlds simplest command
> line tool.

<grin>  Actually, they wrote the utility for people who are already using
their enterprise back-up tool for network-wide backup; $1079  is for the
convenience of being able to admin all types of backup from a single console.

Which I'd be happy to recommend, if any of my clients had that kind of money

-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions
 San Francisco