Re: BakBone PostgreSQL Backup Utility - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From scott.marlowe
Subject Re: BakBone PostgreSQL Backup Utility
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 11 Jun 2003, Robert Treat wrote:

> Hey all, I saw this dubious headline on databasejournal.com
>
> "BakBone Software Announces Availability of the First PostgreSQL
> Database Backup and Recovery Solution"
>
> Seems they're getting a bit of press
>
> anyone have time to check it out and report what it's all about?

Looking over the manual
http://www.bakbone.com/docs/APM_for_PostgreSQL_Users_Guide.pdf
it would appear to simply be a gui front end for pg_dump / pg_dumpall.

Either spend $1079 or learn how to write a crontab file...

I'd rather write a check to the core developers than give my money to
folks who are writing a pretty front end to the worlds simplest command
line tool.