Re: [HACKERS] SAP and MySQL ... [and Benchmark] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] SAP and MySQL ... [and Benchmark]
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Lamar Owen wrote:

> Is Marc or Bruce not a part of the 'Advocacy and Marketing Group'
> already?  Let the Advocacy and Marketing group make their suggestions in
> the open forum of Hackers and see what is thought of it, just like
> everything else that has been done to this database.  There are five
> people on core; their skilset is varied enough to where any single point
> of view isn't dominant.  The who Hackers group drives the development.

Note that Justin is of the impression that "core" is a secret cabal :)
We've tried to educate him otherwis ... I think the last "really secret"
thing that we discussed on core was Greatbridge coming onto the scene,
everything else gets discussed on -hackers ... I really wish the Advocacy
guys would use the -advocacy list a bit more, mind you, since Justin is
right, there is alot of good that could be done, but that list has been
quite quiet ...

> > Ha!  I've seen more funding and offers of assistance that made sense
> > _rejected_ by members of the core group - for reasons beneficial to them
> > privately even though the PostgreSQL Community would have benefited -
> > than I have seen accepted.
>
> Made sense to whom?

Bruce? Tom? Have I missed some core discussions?  Justin, can you
enlighten us on these ... ? *scratch head*  Since I do have available to
myself the archives of core, I'd love to go digging back if you have some
examples?