Re: Disk usage - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Disk usage
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 16 Apr 2003 2:41 am, Jay O'Connor wrote:
> I'm looking for any information I can find about how disk usage increases
> as database volume increases.  Basically I'm converting a web site form a
> homegrown file-based storage solution to a postgresql solution and I need
> information on disk usage patterns for estimaing hardware needs.

In addition to Shridhar's comments, take a look at Ch 11 of the Administrators
guide for some details on monitoring disk usage of tables etc.

Check the archives too, there's been discussion of calculating row sizes
several times (I thought there was something on techdocs about it, but can't
find it now).

--
  Richard Huxton