Re: Are we losing momentum? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wayne Armstrong
Subject Re: Are we losing momentum?
Date
List pgsql-general
** Reply to message from Thierry Missimilly <THIERRY.MISSIMILLY@BULL.NET> on
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:41:47 +0200
Hi,
 About 450 tables (+ lots of views:)
 Row counts range from 0 to about 3 million.
 Database sizes range from about 600 meg (a bus company with about 50 busses
and a years fueling/servicing/rostering history) to around 12 gig currently :).
 We are not newbies with db2. We have been using/suppling it since version
2.1(We actually started development on ver 1. something, but didn't ship till
after the version 2 release :). We do do a good job of tuning db2.
Nevertheless, performance of postgresql across the board (and we have not
designed for postgres like we did for db2), leaves db2 for dead most places.

Regards,
Wayne