Re: more contrib: log rotator - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ed L.
Subject Re: more contrib: log rotator
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Friday April 4 2003 10:19, Tom Lane wrote:

> I feel we really ought to have *some* rotator included in the standard
> distro, just so that the Admin Guide can point to a concrete solution
> instead of having to arm-wave about what you can get off the net.
> If someone can offer a better alternative than Andrew's, great, let's
> see it.

Out of curiosity, are there issues preventing inclusion of Apache's log
rotation code?  It seems you'd be hard-pressed to find a more
battle-hardened log rotator.

Obviously some people also wish to rotate based on log file size, so adding
both to contrib at least seems sensible.

Ed