Re: contrib and licensing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: contrib and licensing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 pgsql@mohawksoft.com wrote:

> If I find a wiz-bang library that allows me to do something cool very
> easily, and I write a some code that would be good for postgresql's
> contrib, are you saying that it would not be usable because of the
> requirement of the library that is not included on standard system
> installations?

My two-bits here, but we're trying to *move* things out of contrib to
gborg, like we have for most of the language interfaces ... why is/should
this be any different?  I don't care what licence it falls under, new
contrib's should be going into gborg, not into the distribution itself ...