Re: Reverse engineering PG database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Flower Sun
Subject Re: Reverse engineering PG database
Date
List pgsql-general
1. Dezign from http://www.datanamic.com/  $149
-- My evaluation result: It's not good to use at all.

2. ER diagrammer from http://www.keeptool.com/en/products.html  $210
-- Oracle only.

3. Case Studio 2 from http://www.casestudio.com/enu/  $329
-- My evaluation result: The ER diagram picture is not nice. And not good at use. They even don't provide full functional version at trial days.

4. ER/Studio from http://www.embarcadero.com/products/erstudio/index.asp  pricing information is not posted on web.

5. QDesigner from quest around 700$
Good to use with Postgresql as well as other RDBMS.

6. AllFusion Erwin Data Modeler from Computer associate
Good to use with Postgresql as well as other RDBMS.

   Dennis Gearon <gearond@cvc.net> wrote:
Try the company:

http://www.datanamic.com/

Paul Rosenberg wrote:
> We are looking for a DB design program which can reverse engineer a PG
> database. We want to use this to create revised documentation for the
> database after changes are made. PG outputs a creation SQL script
> which uses triggers to define foreign keys and this seems to be
> unusual and has caused a problem with one software.

> (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)

http://archives.postgresql.org

Do you Yahoo!?