Re: to_char(interval) --- done? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: to_char(interval) --- done?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 04:34:38AM -0600, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> --On Monday, March 24, 2003 09:40:46 +0100 Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>
> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 03:32:11PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> >>Folks,
> >>
> >>Some months ago we agreed on this list that the functioning of
> >>to_char(interval) was not particularly useful the way it works in
> >>current  stable versions.   I don't see a to_char fix on the TODO list,
> >>though; does  that mean it's already been fixed in 7.4?
> >
> > No. There was short discussion about it last week.
> >
> I volunteered to look into it, but got a sorta negative reply from Peter_E,
> but no
> response to my request for suggestions.
I don't check where is a problem in detail, but I will fix somethingin to_char() code now and I will try check interval
problemtoo. Ithink the basic problem is in interval2tm() function -- maybe we willneed some other method how convert
intervalto 'tm' struct (theto_char() code is based on 'tm'). I'm open for all suggestions and volunteers of course.

   Karel

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/