Re: What filesystem? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: What filesystem?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 03:15:09PM -0800, Steve Crawford wrote:
> the merits of running PostgreSQL on EXT2, EXT3, JFS, XFS, ReiserFS, etc.?

ext2 is really not crash-safe.  I think I'd think twice.

There have been some recent reports about corruption under reiserfs,
but not much detail on it.

The performance list recently had a discussion of performance and
ext3.

I'd be _real_ interested in hearing about xfs; when I used to admin
IRIX boxes, I thought very highly of xfs.  It was bulletproof.  But I
have no idea what it's like on Linux.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110