Re: Very Slow connecting and loading database - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: Very Slow connecting and loading database
Date
List pgadmin-support
Le Vendredi 14 Février 2003 18:49, Roberto Mason a écrit :
> When I connect with pgadminII to the server  (log in with postgres -
> no password), it takes up to 3-4 minutes to connect. When I click to the
> database "bobsimple - sample database", it can take over 5 minutes to
> "examine".

I already had a similar problem. It is not a PostgreSQL problem.

Looks like Linux is convigured with DNS reverse lookup (for security reasons),
and hence will try to convert any IP connection into a DNS name. Two possible
solutions:
- disable reverse DNS lookup,
- add your Windows client address to the list of known host.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel POURE