fyi - PostgreSQL 7.3.2 and FreeBSD 5.0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Gould
Subject fyi - PostgreSQL 7.3.2 and FreeBSD 5.0
Date
List pgsql-general
Just a note to those of you running PostgreSQL on
FreeBSD:

I am now running PostgreSQL 7.3.2 on FreeBSD 5.0 and
am very pleased with the performance.  (I should
really learn to run benchmarks before and after
upgrades!)  Everything appears stable thus far --
keeping in mind that I am running very bland hardware.

WARNING:  FreeBSD 5.0 is NOT recommended for
production environments.

I was hesitant to move to FreeBSD 5.0 because of the
warnings that not all ports work properly on 5.0 yet;
but my gzipped pg_dumped files now exceed the 700MB
CD-R limit.  I can now burn backup files to DVD+RW on
the Sony DRU-500A!

Best of luck,

Andrew L. Gould