Re: Contract Programmer Advice. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeroen T. Vermeulen
Subject Re: Contract Programmer Advice.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 08:56:56PM -0500, Lamar Owen wrote:

> This company doesn't dispute any of my invoices and says they are going to pay
> me.  But they have not yet done so.  This company is still in business, and

I wouldn't know about your country, whichever that may be, but in the
Netherlands it only takes two unpaid creditors to request bankruptcy
for a company with a judge.  Bankruptcy is declared when a company no
longer pays its dues (note that "ability" doesn't come into this), and
two outstanding debts are the minimum required to establish that.

If all else fails, that kind of procedure gives a very strong incentive
to pay up.  Your country may have a similar arrangement.

Jeroen