Re: connect to PostgreSQL over SSL from PHP - Mailing list pgsql-php

From sector119@mail.ru
Subject Re: connect to PostgreSQL over SSL from PHP
Date
List pgsql-php
On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 05:32:35PM +0100, Philipp Ottlinger wrote:
> Actually you should have an entry in your pga_hba_ident.conf which
> defines to use encryypted passwords.

hostssl all all 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 MD5

everyone have to connect to PG server using SSL

> SSL itself is an extrafeature used with TCP/IP - it's not database
> dependent. You need to configure a UNIX host that accepts SSL (https).
> Then you can put your PHP-Codes in secure-area-Code.

all users connected to web server using https, but it is connection
over SSL only between web server and user's browser!?

I need SSL crypt between web server and PostgreSQL server!
How am I able to do this?

> So - please have a "google" for SSL TCP IP IPSec or Tunneling...
> anything else depends on you configuration and your desired application.

For example if I connect to PostgreSQL server,
I am able to do like this:
ssh -L 4001:dbserver:5432 sector119@dbserver
psql -h localhost -p 4001 test

I create SSL tunnel over SSH and then connect to DB server over psql!

And I need to do the same connection to DB server over SSL using PHP,
without creating SSL tunnel over SSH!

---
For example:
Web server: 10.0.1.10
DB  server: 10.0.1.102
User: 10.0.1.0/255.255.255.0

Web server: Apache; DB server: PostgreSQL
---

--
WBR, sector119

Attachment