Re: RedHat attitude - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: RedHat attitude
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Le Lundi 16 Décembre 2002 14:38, Robert Treat a écrit :
> Jean-Michel, you seem to have some GPL vs. BSD issues you need to
> resolve *within yourself*.  PostgreSQL is BSD licensed, and AFAIK
> everyone on the core group is happy with that decision. If you don't
> like the side effects of what a BSD licensed project entails, you need
> to either find a different project, or start lobbying the core group to
> change the license; either way the discussion is moot here on
> pgsql-advocacy.

OK, I understand there are more important issues, so I stop here : new
developments are welcome under a license similar to pgAdmin.

The BSD license cannot be changed because it requires the agreement of all
contributors (at least in European law), which is impossible.

/End