Re: forName finds Driver but getConnection doesn't - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dennis King
Subject Re: forName finds Driver but getConnection doesn't
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Am I right that what this means is that the Java installation one
installs from Sun is trumped by GCJ (a package that I didn't choose,
it's just part of a server OS install)? If so, the Red Hat
documentation doesn't mention it and so following the documentation
as I did will lead to a JDBC failure. Sounds like the documentation
needs to be updated to alert people to this potential problem. Which
was the point of this note to the list, so hopefully we've helped
some people out. (And hopefully you can encourage the process of
getting the doc updates done.)

Thanks for all the info.