Re: Time to move on... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Time to move on...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au> writes:
> > To the rest of the hackers, is it normal practice to perhaps vote in a new
> > member of the steering committee?
>
> Uh ... it's never happened before ... so there is no "normal practice".

The logic usually has been to add people to core who are so involved in
the release process that we couldn't imagine scheduling a release
without them.

I am not saying all current core members are that involved, but at the
time they were added to core, they were.

Pennsylvania19073