Re: pg_dump in 7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: pg_dump in 7.4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 23:37, Philip Warner wrote:
> At 02:53 PM 13/11/2002 -0500, Rod Taylor wrote:
> >I can make a complete list tonight of whats captured.
>
> Sounds good

Below is a summary of what pg_depend tracks that might be useful.
Skipped a number of dependencies that are internal only (ie. toast table
dependencies) as they will be regenerated correctly if their 'owners'
are generated correctly.

<Expression Dependencies> include:- Operators- Functions- Relations (and columns)- Aggregates

Attributes (Columns) depend on:- Type of attribute

Tables depend on:- Namespace- Parent tables (if inheritance)

Default expressions depend on:- Table- <Expression Dependencies>

Indexes depend on:- Constraint (where unique / primary key constraint)- Index procedure- Index operator- Attributes of
indexedrelation

Aggregates depend on:- Transformation function- Final function (if required)

Foreign Keys depend on:- Foreign key'd relation and its attributes- Constrained relation and its attributes- Unique
Indexon the foreign key'd relation

Check Constraints depend on:- <Expression Dependencies> <- includes parent relation- Domain type (if check constraint
ondomain -- v7.4)

Operators depend on:- Namespace- Left operator type- Right operator type- Result operator type- Code function- Rest
function-Join function

Functions depend on:- Namespace- Language- Return type- Argument types (all)

Types (domains included) depend on:- Namespace- Input type- Output type- Element type (if array)- Base type (if
domain)-Default value -> <Expression Dependencies>

Casts depend on:- Source type- Target type- Cast function

Operator Classes depend on:- Namespaces- Input type- Key data type (if different than input type)- Dependencies on
operatorsin the class- Dependencies on procedures in the class

Languages depend on:- Call function- Validation function

Triggers depend on:- Trigger function- Relation trigger is on- Constrained relation (if constraint trigger)

Rules depend on:- Relation rule is on- Qualifying condition -> <Expression Dependencies>- resulting Query Tree ->
<ExpressionDependencies>

Missing:- Body of all functions

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>