Re: Suggestions needed for Articles and links - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Suggestions needed for Articles and links
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 14 Nov 2002, Robert Treat wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 23:44, Justin Clift wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Whilst there is a small area of the Techdocs site (on the "Other
> > Resources" page) for having links to PostgreSQL articles in the press,
> > I'm wondering what people feel would be the most effective way of having
> > links to media articles portrayed?
> >
> > Perhaps having a "Links" area of the Advocacy site, and having it
> > freeform so the project translators can include whatever links happen to
> > be relevant to their language?
> >

> The only concern I would have about this is that a good portion of the
> news items that mention postgresql don't always do so in a positive
> light.  Usually this is do to lack of knowledge on the part of the
> press, but the point remains that we probably would need some ground
> rules as to what kind of articles could be linked to from the advocacy
> page. I have half a notion to create an "anti-fud" page that would link
> to articles but then have 1 or 2 paragraphs to correct misinformation
> that might have been posted, but I whether that falls under something we
> want on the advocacy site I don't know.

Hrmmm ... instead of sending ppl to different pages, why not do up one
page similar to the collaborative environment stuff ... when you click on
a link, it opens up the article itself in a seperate window, while
bringing the person to a 'comments page' for that article?  maybe as part
of adding the link, the authors email address is entered, so that any
comments are auto-email'd to them, so that if the article is good,
appropriate kudos could also be sent ... ?  maybe moderate the addition of
links as well, so that the moderator would be the first one to comment on
it, and that first comment is shown on the 'link page' giving ppl a
forewarning as to whether its good or bad?