Re: Suggestions needed for Articles and links - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Suggestions needed for Articles and links
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 23:44, Justin Clift wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Whilst there is a small area of the Techdocs site (on the "Other
> Resources" page) for having links to PostgreSQL articles in the press,
> I'm wondering what people feel would be the most effective way of having
> links to media articles portrayed?
>
> Perhaps having a "Links" area of the Advocacy site, and having it
> freeform so the project translators can include whatever links happen to
> be relevant to their language?

The only concern I would have about this is that a good portion of the
news items that mention postgresql don't always do so in a positive
light.  Usually this is do to lack of knowledge on the part of the
press, but the point remains that we probably would need some ground
rules as to what kind of articles could be linked to from the advocacy
page. I have half a notion to create an "anti-fud" page that would link
to articles but then have 1 or 2 paragraphs to correct misinformation
that might have been posted, but I whether that falls under something we
want on the advocacy site I don't know.

Robert Treat