Re: Press Release? Hello? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Press Release? Hello?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 13 Nov 2002, Robert Treat wrote:

> Hmm... maybe this goes back to the whole target audience thing, but I
> think we'd get a much bigger win by dropping names of folks using
> postgresql than we do by highlighting the free (as in beer) aspect of
> it.  (disclaimer - I wrote the second ending)

Okay, the first name I'd "drop" from that second ending is RedHat, since
they no longer do "PostgreSQL" as PostgreSQL ... as for the other names,
do we have permission to use them?  Several companies tend to be kinda
hesitant to advertise use of PgSQL, for fear of being "jumped" by Oracle
and such for their decision ...