Re: [PORTS] PostgreSQL supported platform report and a - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Billy G. Allie
Subject Re: [PORTS] PostgreSQL supported platform report and a
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > I am fine with this because it only touches unixware-specific stuff,
>
> This is an entirely new feature, so it's inappropriate to do now.  And if
> we do it, we should do it for all platforms.

I disagree that it's a new feature.  The code to add the -rpath (-R) option
was already there.  My patch made it more useful in that the additional search
libraries are now placed in the -rpath (-R) option.  As to doing it on all
platforms, that would be a decision for the maintainers of that platforms port.
It may not be necessary for it to occur on a particular platform.  The patch
to Makefile.global.in provides the means by which the individual ports can add
the additional search paths.  It's up to the port maintainers to decide if
it's needed for their port, IMHO.
--
____       | Billy G. Allie    | Domain....: Bill.Allie@mug.org
|  /|      | 7436 Hartwell     | MSN.......: B_G_Allie@email.msn.com