Re: OT: mailing list delays - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: OT: mailing list delays
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7 Nov 2002, Robert Treat wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 12:40, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >
> > Postings by those note on the lists (ie. reading through newsgroups) get
> > put into a queue to be moderated ... today, I went through ~400 messages,
> > of which <100 were legit (non spam) postings ... when I came in on Monday,
> > there were >1000 messages to weed through ...
> >
> > I try to go through it daily during the week, but there are days where it
> > just isn't possible, so it gets delayed a day or three ...
> >

> wow, are you rejecting mail from people not subscribed to the list? If
> those spam messages are coming from subscribed emails, perhaps you can
> unsubscribe (or ban?) them from the list when they send spam. Over time
> it should curb your workload.

No legit message is rejected, only spam, or duplicates ... any other
messages I just scan for appropriate content and approve ...

in most cases, I believe that those that get 'stuck' in the queue are
those reading the newsgroups ... a simple 'subscribe' to the list and a
'set nomail' would allow them to read newsgroups and post to the lists ...