Re: Bug #807: Sequence currupted on recovery after kill -9 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Darcy Buskermolen
Subject Re: Bug #807: Sequence currupted on recovery after kill -9
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tuesday 29 October 2002 08:23, Neil Conway wrote:
> pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> If you create a file with an implied sequence and do a couple of
> inserts, then do a kill -9, when you start up again, the sequence
> will have a corrupted next_value field.  In the example, the value
> of last_value is 4 before the kill -9 and 34 when it comes back up.

I'm sure if you read the footers on Tom's email's it's pretty clearly state=
d=20
'do not kill -9 the postmaster'.=20
So I'm not so sure that this is really a bug.=20

--=20
Darcy Buskermolen
Wavefire Technologies Corp.
ph: 250.717.0200