Re: DRAFT: v7.3 Release Announcement - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: DRAFT: v7.3 Release Announcement
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 28 Oct 2002, Robert Treat wrote:

> this is needed clarification, as Geoff said "this isn't .Inc's press
> release which I interpreted as meaning that PostgreSQL Inc would also be
> doing a press release. If not then that makes it less confusing for
> those of us here.

Geoff follow'd this one up by stating that our only press release on the
subject would be one of a congratulatory nature ...

> > I would think you'd want very little in the press release ...
>
> Again I agree. I would rather have a blurb that says "postgresql has
> been running the .info domain for over 1 year, and recently was chosen
> over Oracle to run the .org domain as well" instead of the quote from
> the ISOC.  I just think it paints a much clearer picture.

Not sure how/if to say, but it is kinda nice that considering that
OpenSource has been running the root name servers, the registrars
themselves are finally catching up :)