Re: idle connection timeout ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: idle connection timeout ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 11:58:35PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 11:12:01PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > >
> > > Tom's idea of doing this as part of the already added per-user/per-db
> > > settings seems like a good direction to take.
> >
> > Yes, but how?  The current implementation has a setting column in
> > pg_shadow, and another in pg_database.  Is the idea to create a separate
> > pg_settings table or something like that?
>
> Are you asking how to do per-db-user combination settings, like User A
> can have only two connections to database B?  Seems we should get
> per-user and per-db settings working first and see if anyone needs
> combination settings.

Well, now that I think about it... the "user local to database" (those
with the @dbname appended and all that) idea may very well cover the
ground for this.  But I'm not actually asking, because I don't need it.

"Aprender sin pensar es inutil; pensar sin aprender, peligroso" (Confucio)