Re: idle connection timeout ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: idle connection timeout ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 11:12:01PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > Tom's idea of doing this as part of the already added per-user/per-db
> > settings seems like a good direction to take.
>
> Yes, but how?  The current implementation has a setting column in
> pg_shadow, and another in pg_database.  Is the idea to create a separate
> pg_settings table or something like that?

Are you asking how to do per-db-user combination settings, like User A
can have only two connections to database B?  Seems we should get
per-user and per-db settings working first and see if anyone needs
combination settings.

Pennsylvania19073