Re: transactions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: transactions
Date
Re: transactions  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 10:06:38AM -0600, scott.marlowe wrote:

> Which reminds me, when Oracle was responding to the .org using postgresql
> issue they said that Postgresql doesn't support transactions.  Did they
> even bother looking at the docs for Postgresql before spewing their lame
> crap???  Probably not.

To be fair, in the Oracle posting, they actually said PostgreSQL
lacked the "transactional features" of "any commercial enterprise
database".  While that is presumably something beyond just
"transactions", I was completely unclear about what it was supposed
actually to be.  Anyone got any ideas?

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110