Re: Multiple backends on a single physical database - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Chris Miles
Subject Re: Multiple backends on a single physical database
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 10:09:55AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> We also don't recommend NFS directories because the NFS file behavior is
> not 100% the same as a local file system.

Can you comment on what the incompatabities are?  (related to PostgreSQL
only).

We currently run PostgreSQL on Linux servers with the data on dedicated
Netapp filers over NFS.  We have had no problems so far and performance
is very acceptable.

If there is something I need to watch out for, I would like to know.

Cheers,
Chris.