Re: Bison 1.50 was released - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Bison 1.50 was released
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Copeland wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> Can we please hold off until bison 1.50 becomes a defacto?  It will be a
> matter of weeks before distros offer this as an upgrade package let
> alone months before distros offer this as a standard.  Seems like these
> changes are ideal for a release after next (7.5/7.6) as enough time will
> of gone by for it to be much more commonly found.  By not jumping on the
> wagon now, it will also allow more time for bugs in the wild to be
> caught and fixed before we force it onto the masses.

No, we can't wait. A fully function ecpg has exceeded the bison tables
sizes, so we need a new version now.  Rememeber we ship pre-bison'ed
files in the tarball, so only developers will need a new bison.

Pennsylvania19073