Re: Problem with installation - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: Problem with installation
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Jaroslaw,

Please keep your replies on-list.

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 04:24:07AM +0200, Jaros?aw Zabie??o wrote:
> W pi?tek 4 pa?dziernika 2002 o godz. 19:04:13
> Jason Tishler <jason@tishler.net> napisa?(a):
>
> > Please read the README:
> >     http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.2.2.README
> > Jason
>
> Thanx! I have only two problems. I have no ssh server so I cannot
> login as posgres user. But I have winxp and I can switch among users.

OK, then just login as postgres.  Note that "su" via ssh is more
convenient -- assuming that you have already set up ssh.

> The problem is when I run inidb (section for service nt) I cannot
> finish this proces and my Athlon XP2000+ works with 100% all the time.
> I must kill this process. :(

Did you forget to start ipc-daemon?

> Second, I can connect to postgresql via psql but I cannot via ODBC
> driver because I do not know the correct login and password. psql do
> not ask for such things. Do postgresql has any default login and
> password?

The above is more appropriate to ask on the list.  I have never used
ODBC and hence, cannot help you without actually trying it myself...

Jason