Re: ECPG - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: ECPG
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 09:53:10AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> *Everyone* who checks out from our CVS needs to build the bison output
> files.  There seem to be quite a few such people; they will all be

I though time stamping is done to make sure the .c file is newer than
the .y one.

> forced to upgrade their local bison installations when ecpg starts
> requiring a newer bison.

Valid point.

> | Thanks for the report, this is addressed in 1.49c.  We should upload
> | the latter soon.
>
> So I'm guessing that a full release is not just around the corner :-(

Argh.

But when we remove features from ecpg I would prefer to just remove
pretty obscure stuff and stuff introduced after 7.2 was released so we
won't break much. Does anyone have a list of newly added commands? Or do
I have to get the diff from CVS?

Michael

--
Michael Meskes