Re: ECPG - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ECPG
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 09:56:59AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> What about removing this feature that used to exist: being able to build
>> ecpg with reasonably-standard tools?

> How many people do use bison themselves?

*Everyone* who checks out from our CVS needs to build the bison output
files.  There seem to be quite a few such people; they will all be
forced to upgrade their local bison installations when ecpg starts
requiring a newer bison.

> I will try to get some info from the bison people about the release
> date.

I just this morning got this response from Akim Demaille concerning a
portability problem in bison 1.49b:

| Thanks for the report, this is addressed in 1.49c.  We should upload
| the latter soon.

So I'm guessing that a full release is not just around the corner :-(