Re: State of Replication? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: State of Replication?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 03:07:15PM -1000, Mr. Tomcat wrote:
> I noticed that Replication has been the top item on the TODO list for a
> long time, but it isn't mentioned at all in the 7.3 beta announcement.
> Any word on that?  I read some of the design notes on it and it sounds
> like the PG replication plan could be better than the existing
> replication schemes of commercial databases.  I'm sure I'm not unique in
> having a business need for some form of replication.
>
> If anyone knows the status of it, please let me know.

There are several replication projects for postgres. At least one is in
contrib, at least one is a commercial product. They are all various stages
of development and reliability. None has come on top as the best, though
several are useful.

None has reached the stage of being built-in to postgres. I guess that's why
it's not mentioned.

Hope this helps,