Re: PGXLOG variable worthwhile? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: PGXLOG variable worthwhile?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Treat wrote:
> It seems all of this discussion misses the point. Either it has a large
> amount of impact and the idea gets rejected because of implementation
> issues, or it has little impact but it's nothing the core group wants to
> implement. If the problem is finding someone to implement it, it sounds
> like Justin has found such a person, so are we going to stand in his way
> while we wax poetic about OS religion and corporate philosophies or can
> he start submitting patches?

Well, I have Win32 patches here I am reviewing.  I think I can say that
the changes are minimal and probably will be accepted for addition into
7.4.  I am actually surprised at how little is required.

Right now, 7.4 is targeted with point-in-time recovery and Win32.  And,
in fact, both patches are almost ready for inclusion into CVS, so we
may find that 7.4 has a very short release cycle.

Pennsylvania19073